Glencadam was founded in 1825 by George Cooper, who sold it to David Scott in 1827 which he and his family ran till 1891. The Glencadam passed through many owners as did a lot of whisky distillery’s in the early 1900’s. Glencadam was mothballed during the 1st and 2 world wars, however there massive warehouses where used to house soldiers, to this day the ground is still marked from where the soldiers commissary was located. Primarily Glencadam has been producing whisky for the blending market but since its takeover in 2003 by Angus Dundee Distillers Glencadam has been producing Single Malts the very 1st release was Glencadam 15 in 2005 and has been constantly making whisky 24/7 since 2005. Glencadam is located near Brechin and uses the water springs at The Moorans, around 9 miles from the distillery. Glencadam has 1 wash and 1 spirit still and has a capacity of 1.3 million litres.
Glencadam is open to visitors by appointment only.