Edradour is believed to have been founded in 1825 under the name Glenforres as a small farm distillery. It’s not till 1837 that the 1st references to Edradour ‘between two rivers’ appear. To this day Edradour is still a very small distillery and for many years was Scotland’s smallest only taking 3 men to run the production. In 1982 Campbell Distillers bought Edradour and opened a visitor centre one of the earliest in Scotland and 4 years later the very 1st single malt was released. Edradour is located near the village of Pitlochry in the Scottish Highlands and attracts nearly a 100 thousand visitors a year. Edradour has been owned by Signatory Vintage since 2002. Edradour has 1 wash and 1 spirit still and has a capacity 130 thousand litres.
Edradour is open to visitors