Ardmore ‘Bighead land’ distillery was built by Adam Teacher in 1898 for the purpose of keeping his world famous Teachers Blend in top supply of malt. Ardmore was one of the last distillery’s to coal fire there 8 stills, ceasing the process in 2002 for the more modern internal heating. . Also the distillery still is one of the very few distillery’s left which has an active cooperage for the repair and production of barrels. Ardmore is located at the village of Kennethmont in the Scottish Highlands. Ardmore is one of Scotland’s largest distilleries and is owned by Beam Suntory. It has 4 wash stills and 4 spirit stills and a capacity of 5.5 million litres.
Ardmore is not open to visitors.