Benrinnes was built by Peter McKenzie in 1826, however in was washed away in a flood 4 years later. It was rebuilt in 1835 however more bad luck in 1896 saw most of the distillery destroyed in a fire. Benrinnes was rebuilt again and fully modernised which included electricity. Benrinnes had a very unusual partial tipple distillation process which ran from 1974 till 2007. Benrinnes is currently owned Diageo. Benrinnes has 2 wash stills and 4 spirit stills and has a capacity of 3.5 million litres.
Benrinnes is not open to visitors.