Balblair was originally built by John Ross in 1790 in Balnagowan estate, however the current distillery was built by Alexander Coland in 1894. It was moved to have better access for the Edderton train station, a few miles away. However the water supply the Ault Dearg burn, from the original site, was such good quality that the new distillery choose to ignore the new location water and stick with Ault Dearg burn. The current Balblair is located in the Scottish highlands at Edderton. It has been owned by Inverhouse since 1996. The distillery has one 1 wash still and 1 spirit still and has a capacity of 1.8 million litres.
Balblair is open to visitors.