Knockdhu ‘black hill’ distillery was built in 1893 by Distillers Company limited after buying the land from John Morrison who had discovered a water source at the foot of the Knock Hill. The whisky is now named AnCnoc ‘the hill’ to avoid confusion with Knockando ‘little black hill’ distillery, the name of the official bottlings was changed to 'AnCnoc'. The Knockdhu distillery is located in the Scottish Highlands at the village of Knock near Aberdeen. Knockdhu has been owned by Inver house since 2001. Knockdhu has 1 wash still and 1 spirit still and has a capacity of 2 million litres.
AnCnoc, Knockdhu is open to visitors.